The focus in 2016 is Stronger Charities through Good Leadership and organisations are focusing on sharing their training, both live and online, and much of it for free.
How many trustees are there?
- There are approximately 194,000 charities in the UK (165,000 charities in England and Wales, 24,000 in Scotland, 5,000 registered in Northern Ireland).
- And just over 1 million trustees (of which some 850,000 are in England and Wales, 180,000 in Scotland and 30,000 in Northern Ireland)
- From NCVO and CCNI research, we know just under half the UK’s trustees are women
- The average trustee in England and Wales is 59 years old, and 55 in Northern Ireland.
- There are many young trustees too with some 86,000 trustee positions held by 16-34 year olds (of which 2,611 in Northern Ireland).
(Source: Trustees Week)